Upgraded to Version 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LJSWales, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJSWales

LJSWales Registered Member

Upgraded to Version 9 (Bad Move)

I upgraded from version 8 to version 9. I installed version 9 over version 8. To start True Image version 9 is incredibly slow compared to version 8. It takes ages when started to allow any progress with backing up. This was never the case with V8. Also whan trying to Explore an image this process failed with error code 5(0x640005), I have checked, others have also had this problem so I am not alone. Before I installed I backed up to a DVD so I went to the back to restore prior to V9 installation with the intention of uninstalling V8 to do a clean install. All that happened when I un-installed V8 was my Acronis Secure Zone was deleted and the un-install failed. I also stopped the TrueImageMonitor.exe and schedhelp.exe from loading at start up and still V8 would not un-install. Deleted all V8 bits and cleaned out the registry. Did a clean install of V9 and the was no difference, still very slow and the same error when trying to explore. I have now gone back to V8 and for the moment think that I have wasted my money on upgrading to version 9. I also had the same problem with Partion Expert 2003, that was impossible to uninstall, needed to delete everthing and clean out the registry. Is there a problem with un-installing Acronis products.:thumbd:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.