Upgraded to latest release but can't show complete stealth in "shields up" test

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by EC99SS, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EC99SS

EC99SS Registered Member

My folks subscription ran out so I renewed for them and downloaded latest release 4.2.58.3

When I run GRC's Shields up (which I typically do on all my comps) I can't get it to show complete stealth. Ports 1 through 103 show closed while everything else shows stealth.

Any ideas? This is the fist time I've run into this.

Thanks

2. surfer1000

surfer1000 Registered Member

Hello,

I've just run shields up and all service ports are stealthed on my system, and have been with every build of ESS.

I'm running the firewall in fully auto mode

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i don't use a firewall and all my ports show stealthed because im behind a router. are you sure the results are the pc or the router?

4. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I have a similar problem as well. When my modem was connected directly to my PC is showed everything to be stealthed. However, I have recently got a wireless router and now the modem goes into the router which then goes into the PC, this is now showing a mix of closed and stealthed ports.

Is this something I need to worry about? Eset firewall is switched on and I don't think the router has a seperate firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.