Upgrade v Full Version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I currently use TI 8 and have downloaded and installed the the trial for V9.

Can anyone advise on what the differences between the upgrade and the full version are. Since I have v8 already installed I imagine installing the upgrade would be straightforward.

However, I plan on replacing my PC soon, and would be installing V9 onto a clean OS. What would be the procedure if it were an upgrade - i.e. do I need to install V8 first or perhaps enter the key for V8 as well as the key for V9?

Thanks.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Last night it just so happens I installed TI 9.0 UPGRADE version on a clean (hidden partition) install of Win XP Pro SP2.

Since there was no prior install of TI 8.0 to this "virgin" testbed, it DID prompt me for my TI 8.0 serial number.

So, based on my experience, I would say you DON'T have to install TI 8.0 but you do need to have BOTH serial numbers at hand for the TI 9.0 Upgrade installation.

Installation was generally a breeze for me.

HOWEVER, Actual fault-free OPERATION of TI 9.0 has been a problem for a significant number of users (including myself). You can confirm that yourself by skimming the threads in this forum. I hope the same doesn't hold true for you.

Fingers crossed.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

croft tk, thank you for your reply. Nice to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.