Upgrade question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ianC, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianC

ianC Registered Member

I am a happy user of TI8. I received the email telling me about TI9 and am considering upgrading. The email told me about the special upgrade price of $29.99 and if I wanted extra copies I could get them for the special price of $39.99. It then said this was a time limted offer.
    Which one is time limted or are both?

My question really is; If I don't upgrade within the time period (which is not specified) will I have to pay the full $49.99, or can I upgrade for $29.99 at any time in the future?

I would be grateful for clarification.

Ian

2. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Bump!

Acronis - do you have a policy on this please?

Ian

3. ianC

ianC Registered Member

I'm sorry to keep bumping this, but it does seem like a valid question that many people would be interested in, and I haven't had any sort of response yet!

Here's hoping,

Ian

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I'd be interested in the answer too.

5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Have read that no matter how long you wait,the upgrade price is still available for previous Users but the price to get another copy at a discount is time limited,I received the same e-mail, is time limited for the buy new copy. I Pasted this from the e-mail so no need to hurry on the upgrade price,just the option to get another copy

UPGRADE
    Instant Download

For just: $29.99

BUY NEW COPY
    Instant Download

Special Price: $39.99
    Regular Price: $49.99

Limited time offer!

6. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Thanks Jbmoar, this is what I had hoped but I had wanted to get confirmation as the price difference is significant!

Ian

7. ianC

ianC Registered Member

So now I receive an email saying that the T9 upgrade is time limited until Nov.30th!

Is this true - anyone? Acronis?

Ian

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Didn't you just answer your own question?

1) You received an Acronis email stating it was time-limited.

2) If you want to know if it's true why aren't you emailing Acronis Sales?

I thought this was a tech support forum.
    o_O

9. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

I own, use and trust TI8. In view of the questions regarding the upgrade time period I just purchased the TI9 upgrade, down loaded, and registered it.

BUT, for the time being I am NOT going to install it. I will wait until more of the reported problems are resolved. Then I will download the upcoming fixes. But I am locked in at the upgrade price time limit or not. I know that eventually I will upgrade so no problem going ahead doing it now.

10. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Bobdat wrote
    Well, yes I guess I did answer my own question. :oops: The reason I posted was that I think the policy has changed as it didn't say that in earlier e-mails, and people posted here saying that they thought it was not time-limited.
    jbmoar wrote
    I just thought this was a support forum, not specifically tech support. I was looking for other users' views/opinions/experiences - I didn't think and upgrade question was particularly off-topic especially considering the earlier problems that TI9 has had.:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.