Upgrade question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ianC, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianC

ianC Registered Member

I am a happy user of TI8. I received the email telling me about TI9 and am considering upgrading. The email told me about the special upgrade price of $29.99 and if I wanted extra copies I could get them for the special price of $39.99. It then said this was a time limted offer.
    Which one is time limted or are both?

My question really is; If I don't upgrade within the time period (which is not specified) will I have to pay the full $49.99, or can I upgrade for $29.99 at any time in the future?

I would be grateful for clarification.

Ian

2. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Bump!

Acronis - do you have a policy on this please?

Ian

3. ianC

ianC Registered Member

I'm sorry to keep bumping this, but it does seem like a valid question that many people would be interested in, and I haven't had any sort of response yet!

Here's hoping,

Ian

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I'd be interested in the answer too.

5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Have read that no matter how long you wait,the upgrade price is still available for previous Users but the price to get another copy at a discount is time limited,I received the same e-mail, is time limited for the buy new copy. I Pasted this from the e-mail so no need to hurry on the upgrade price,just the option to get another copy

UPGRADE
    Instant Download

For just: $29.99

BUY NEW COPY
    Instant Download

Special Price: $39.99
    Regular Price: $49.99

Limited time offer!

6. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Thanks Jbmoar, this is what I had hoped but I had wanted to get confirmation as the price difference is significant!

Ian

7. ianC

ianC Registered Member

So now I receive an email saying that the T9 upgrade is time limited until Nov.30th!

Is this true - anyone? Acronis?

Ian

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Didn't you just answer your own question?

1) You received an Acronis email stating it was time-limited.

2) If you want to know if it's true why aren't you emailing Acronis Sales?

I thought this was a tech support forum.
    o_O

9. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

I own, use and trust TI8. In view of the questions regarding the upgrade time period I just purchased the TI9 upgrade, down loaded, and registered it.

BUT, for the time being I am NOT going to install it. I will wait until more of the reported problems are resolved. Then I will download the upcoming fixes. But I am locked in at the upgrade price time limit or not. I know that eventually I will upgrade so no problem going ahead doing it now.

10. ianC

ianC Registered Member

Bobdat wrote
    Well, yes I guess I did answer my own question. :oops: The reason I posted was that I think the policy has changed as it didn't say that in earlier e-mails, and people posted here saying that they thought it was not time-limited.
    jbmoar wrote
    I just thought this was a support forum, not specifically tech support. I was looking for other users' views/opinions/experiences - I didn't think and upgrade question was particularly off-topic especially considering the earlier problems that TI9 has had.:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.