Upgrade Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DeeBeeS, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS Registered Member

I have just downloaded the latest update and on trying to install I received the following:

C:\Program Files\Spyware Blaster\Spyware.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace existing file: Delete File failed;Code 5. Access denied. Ignore abort etc.,
    Tried again same message came up. Downloaded again reinstalled, same problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi DeeBeeS,

Have you tried uninstalling the old version in Add/Remove Software first?

Regards,

Pieter

3. Trippsmom

Trippsmom Guest

I had my original version of Spyware "open" when I tried to install and got the same error. I closed out the program, hit "retry" on the install page and it worked like a dream!

4. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response. It appears that the version installed had become corrupted and files were missing. As advised I uninstalled it and then installed the upgrade again and Yes it worked. Thanks once again-appreciated.

5. auggief

auggief Registered Member

I had the exact same problem and had to uninstall and download and install again.

6. Pat Glenn

Pat Glenn Guest

Trippsmom gave me the perfect solution for my upgrade. Thanks. :) I always get great answers from member postings. What a shame it's not that easy to solve everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.