Upgrade of Enterprise version no worky

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SlickBag, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlickBag

SlickBag Registered Member

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the TI Enterprise edition from build 912 to build 921. It tells me I have to uninstall the old version first! Now, I have been using TI for a long time and done many upgrades, and it has never made me uninstall an older build first to upgrade to a newer build.

In fact, the whole reason I went with the Enterprise version it to be abel to use the remote management console to remotely upgrade servers. But now I cant, be cause I cant "remove" the application remotely - I can only install the application remotely.

Anybody else seeing this problem or know how to fix it?
    SlickBag

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SlickBag,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

In the 921 build we have implemented the new installer, that is why you need to uninstall the previous build first manually. In all future builds the manual installation won't be needed, the update to 921 is the only one. Please uninstall Acronis True Image Agent from your remote computer ("Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Add or Remove Programs") and install the new build.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.