Upgrade NOD32 V3 to NOD32 V4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by VSSC support, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VSSC support

VSSC support Registered Member

Hi!

when i upgrade the nod32 V3 to V4 to the workstation have a problem they could not print and always disconnected to their network. first thing that i did is uninstall the NOD32 V4 then they can print and they are not disconnect to the network. again i try to install the NOD32 4.0.424 after i install same problem. what will be the cause or i have something to configure?

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Did you install the Suite ESS? or just the AV, NOD32 or EAV as it is coming to be called now? The AV shouldn't be interfering with printing so I am presuming you are using the suite or ESS, in which case you should use the allowing sharing in network settings or switch to interactive mode for the firewall and allowing access when ESS pops up a box for your print spooler.

3. VSSC support

i am only using EAV. when i install the EAV V4 first i uninstall the NOD32 V3 to become fresh installation. what will be the cause?

4. VSSC support

I have a question how to disable the web access protection in configuration in xml files? We disable the web access protection to the setup of nod32 but the problem is when the machine is restart the web access protection is enable again. How to disable the web access protection?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Under Personal firewall -> Setup activate the "Enable HTTP checking" and set it to No. However, disabling email/web protection is not recommended as you decrease protection against Internet threats by doing so.

6. VSSC support

im only using nod32 antivirus but the problem is when i restart the machine is automatically enabled. and there is a way i dissable the web access protection using the cfg.xml files and push this to the workstation?

7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

You can't alter the configuration files in version 4 because of the added self protection, it's one of the bigger, and more important if you ask me, differences between ver 3 & 4, increased self protection of NOD itself. You should be able to disable web protection by unchecking "enable web access protection" in the set up page for web access protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.