Upgrade made things worse!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wildwestexpress7, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildwestexpress7

wildwestexpress7 Registered Member

Upgraded new version of Spyblaster yesterday and everything went crazy. IE is opening up spyware ads as fast as I can click them off. Been using the previous version with great success, but now I have Trojans, dialers etc. everywhere even though I've enabled all protection modes on Spyblaster. I'm running Windows XP, with eTrust anti-virus software and firewall, also. Also using Adaware, Spybot, and MRU Blaster and have internet security set on high and all cookies blocked to try and stop the madness...but it goes on. Any thoughts?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain this a little more please? The worst thing that can happen with a bad SpywareBlaster upgrade is you no longer can get it to run, or if not that, then you may not be able to get the updater to work, but it won't cause popups or trojans on your system.

Can you give us more specifics? What Trojans and dialers do you have? Which product told you that you have them?

Edit: Oh, and you do mean SpywareBlaster right, not Spyblaster (that's a different product). Which site did you download it from and what was the exact size of the kit?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Beyond this background information, it would help to determine the exact state of your system by following this How To (steps 2 & 3 specifically) and posting a log for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.