Upgrade from TI 7 to TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leehigdon3, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

I have just purchased the license to upgrade to TI 8. Before I proceed, I am assuming I need to uninstall TI 7, first. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Not essential but highly recommended, even when updating to a newer build of the same version. Note that during the upgrade install you'll be required to enter your previous registration key.

A TI install/unistall can sometimes be a bit flakey, so if you experience a problem after ugrading to TI 8, uninstall it, carry out a Registry purge of TrueImage entries and then reinstall.

Having used the freeware utility "Total Uninstall" to monitor a TI 8 install, I'm shocked at the number of files and Registry entries that are left hanging around on the system after a normal uninstall. In fact, after carrying out a Windows SP1/SP2 "repair" reinstall, TI couldn't find any of my hard drives. A normal TI uninstall/manual Registry purge/reinstall couldn't fix it and I ended up using the TI 8 uninstall procedure posted by beenthereb4 <here>. The Acronis Development Team really must sort out TI's install/uninstall routines.

Regards

3. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Thanks. I've always just installed new builds of TI 7 on top of the old ones. But, since this is an upgrade, I think I'll just totally remove V. 7 and any registry debris I can find, before I load V. 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.