Upgrade from TI 7 to TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by leehigdon3, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

I have just purchased the license to upgrade to TI 8. Before I proceed, I am assuming I need to uninstall TI 7, first. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Not essential but highly recommended, even when updating to a newer build of the same version. Note that during the upgrade install you'll be required to enter your previous registration key.

A TI install/unistall can sometimes be a bit flakey, so if you experience a problem after ugrading to TI 8, uninstall it, carry out a Registry purge of TrueImage entries and then reinstall.

Having used the freeware utility "Total Uninstall" to monitor a TI 8 install, I'm shocked at the number of files and Registry entries that are left hanging around on the system after a normal uninstall. In fact, after carrying out a Windows SP1/SP2 "repair" reinstall, TI couldn't find any of my hard drives. A normal TI uninstall/manual Registry purge/reinstall couldn't fix it and I ended up using the TI 8 uninstall procedure posted by beenthereb4 <here>. The Acronis Development Team really must sort out TI's install/uninstall routines.

Regards

3. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Thanks. I've always just installed new builds of TI 7 on top of the old ones. But, since this is an upgrade, I think I'll just totally remove V. 7 and any registry debris I can find, before I load V. 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.