Upgrade from Nod32 to ESS $59.99?????

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by softtouch, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I asked the local reseller how much the upgrade is from Nod32 to ESS, they answered me that I would have to purchase a license for $59.99!

Are they kidding meo_O I renewed my Nod32 just 4 month ago and shall pay $59.99 for the upgrade to ESS?

The local reseller is:

Valueline Systems and Solutions Corporation
    2nd Flr., J & L Building, No. 23 Matalino Street,
    Central District Diliman, Quezon City
    Philippines, 1100
    Phone # : +632 925.7623 loc 114 / DL -9252177
    Fax # : +632 925.2174
    Cel # : 0919-8886661

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

They may have made a mistake (I am not sure) because in the US a new license for ESS is 59.99

Ask for confirmation or contact ESET sales[at]eset[dot]com for confirmation

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I got an upgrade for $47 for 2 license, so check again, I agree with Hi Tech he's mistaken...

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Or if it isn't mistake , in the US one gets the new license and adds the rest of the current v2 license . E.g. you purchase 2 year license - an upgrade to ESS , you have 8 months left from the active license , the new ESS license will be active for 2 years and 8 moths totally

This is just an example , you should contact this reseller again

5. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

Sounds a bit like the "deal" offered by Eset UK.
    Go to betterantivirus.com here.

The price to migrate your NOD32 license to ESS and extend it by 1 year is $41.99 US or $75.99 US to extend by 2 years. :cool:

6. softtouch

I tried to contact them, sent emails etc., but no more response...
    I am not willing to pay for a new license. I just want an upgrade, thats it.
    And I am always redirected to their stupid website (which still offer nod 2.7... nothing about V3 is written there... also nothing about ESS).
    ESet should check on that reseller.

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

That does look like a mistake.

As a U.S. Reseller, we only charge $41.99 for an upgrade from NOD32 2.7 to Eset Smart Security and thats for 1 year, 1 computer. 2 Years is only $75.99

My recommendation is that you contact your reseller back and ask if it was a mis-quote. :)

8. softtouch

I'll try again to contact the reseller.
    2 days now no response... after I told them they might have made a mistake...

9. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Go to www.betterantivirus.com

you will get super service and support there, I can guarantee that, I got mine
    there as did a lot of other people. I live in the UK.

2 years ESS $75 plus any time left on your existing user name / password added on free.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  10. cdr

cdr Registered Member

:) Wrong link! Here's the right one:
    http://www.betterantivirus.com/
    :D

11. softtouch

I am so tired of trying to get any response from the local reseller...
    Everytime I want to purchase something via eset website, I get redirected to that reseller.
    With simple words, I can not upgrade to ESS, so I will just forget ESS and purchase something else.

12. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Did you actually try contacting Eset? I did, by going here. Took a few days, but they called me back. Did the deal yesterday, smooth transaction, no hassles. Alternatively, you can call them as well. ;)

EDIT: My bad I see you live outside of the USA. Maybe you can try contacting them for another reseller?

13. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

'softTouch; troopeR' hi...
    Here is something more about ValueLine_Ph, that Ph reseller of NOD-ESET in your locale:

A month ago, the IT staff in charge of procurement in a major logistic enterprise (them, 1 of 2 client i had there) query me about using ESET for deployment on notebooks assigned to senior officers. The query was based on a bi-annual report i have authored & released 2mths before, in which NOD was 1 of the shortlisted. A week later, she reported with major grieves.

ValueLine_Ph apparently has NOD32 quoted website as USD59-then. When they called to make query on test batch (3) of licenses purchase (initially they tried web download using CCard, but there was a glitch), via phone order... they were specifically informed 'to add an additional USD4.00, as delivery cost (hardcpy or downloaded)'. The staff argued that four USD additional was tantamount to 'hidden charge' coz VLine's website does NOT manifest it, if payment were thru CCard. And the arguments were brought to ValueLine's supervisor-in-charge then.

The IT staff request a clarification within 24hrs, and did via phone again. This time, it was official... USD63.00. Them IT folks did a double check on ValueLine's website ordering page and viola... the price was indeed officially changed to - USD63.00

A day later, i had a live discussions with my client's IT manager and they further told me of checking among local retail PC shop there and discover that single hardcpy NOD32's SRP was EVEN LOWER priced than what ValueLine_Ph was quoting... around USD8.00 lower!

Therefore the IT in-charge decided to switch the purchase, test-batch of 10 licenses via web download from another brand (from my shortlist)... which resulted into a USD31.00 savings/license!!!

My client's in-charge further told me that NOD32 was being marketed via 'distributor-cum-call center operations'!

This is not the first time that i've heard about problems in ICT products being sold by resellers based in PH, and it was not restricted to softwares either!

If true, i will not be surprised :doubt: ... coz call-center operators does not give a hood about pricing, as long as they've their commissions padded... the more the better.

NOD32 was indeed among a handfull of best-in-breed category-softwares. But the way its products was being marketed in the Philippines... they won't make significant headway at all!!!
    NOD32/ESET ...take NOTE: Your brand was being CRUCIFIED there!!! :( Tsk tsk tsk

:( PH based business folks down there apparently had a warped mentality (per my experiences) when it comes to being sellers/distributors... "the more the products became popular, the more the need to jack up the price!"

In my country (taiwan)... the more the volume rose, the more price needs to be lowered! That's the difference of mentality, hence the difference in 'quality of life'.

:ouch:

------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: typo

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  14. EnGenie

You don't have to buy from your local reseller if you don't like their price or service. Just shop around like I did.

If you go via eset.com you will be redirected to your local reseller depending on your geographical location. However, if you go direct to the Web Site of the reseller of your choice, (e.g. www.betterantivirus.com ) there is no problem.

I bought from betterantivirus.com, even though I live outside the US, and was impressed with their price and service.
    If you want an English version of NOD32 or ESS there is no problem. :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  15. ipje

ipje Registered Member

Did the same thing, in the Netherlands the ESET it's not possible yet to buy online ESS, so I went to betterantivirus and there was no problem. And dollars are very cheap in a Euro country :cool:

16. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

Hmm... that's a nice tip, "enGenie". :thumb:

17. softtouch

I surrender. I am not able to purchase ESS as an upgrade here.
    So, no ESS. Will look for something else.

18. rheumatoid

rheumatoid Registered Member

just looked at betterantivirus.com and it says 2 years upgrade to ESS is $75.99. My current license for 2.7 doesn't expire until 15/08/2010. does that mean for $75.99 I get a license for ESS until 15/8/2012?

An upgrade from the Eset site is £31.81 just to upgrade until my current expiry date.

TIA

Jon

19. EnGenie

Yes, the 2 years will be added to your current license and so you will have an ESS license until 15 August 2012.

Although I live in the UK, I bought from a US reseller because Eset UK wanted more to migrate the remaining 8 months of my license from NOD32 to ESS than betterantivirus.com wanted to migrate and extend it by 2 years. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.