Upgrade from 9 to 10 - uninstall previous version?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zogger, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zogger

zogger Registered Member

I just purchased 10 and recall having a problem previously by not uninstalling the earlier version of TI so I removed 9 this time before installing the upgrade via Add/Remove Programs which appeared to complete properly EXCEPT that the program is still on my computer and will run. It is no longer shown in the Add/Remove list so am not sure what to do.

2. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Go to Start>Search and do a search for Acronis and you'll find traces of files and folder still arount; get rid of them.

You should use a good registry cleaner like CCleaner.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This will work:

Delete the direcotories called "Acronis" that are under Program Files\ and under Program Files\Common Files\. Go ahead and delete all the subdirectories under the Acronis directories.

With a Registry program like JV16 powertools or any other reg editor, delete all entries in the registry that contain "Acronis" or "Trueimage".

Then install ATI10.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.