Updating Version Issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zarzenz, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I won a license for Drive Backup 10 in the recent prize draw, and it has worked fine. It is version 10.0.10.9105.

However, I wanted to check if there was any update available and clicking the download free update link in the help menu indicated there is a newer version 10.0.10.10505 for download. I then had to register an account that allowed me to download the new version but when I ran the install and reopened the software, checking the version showed it to be the same as before.

I then completely uninstalled the whole program and reinstalled again from the newer version that I had downloaded, but again it showed up as the original and checking the update link again told me the newer version is available.

Why is this happening as the software serial number is correctly registered and all the indications are that the newer version is available to install.

Can anyone shed some light on why updating this software is so complex.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Updates has the same version number, the difference is in builds dates and numbers.
    Please open About menu from Help and check the latest build number. It should be the same as offered in My Account.
    Update is shown available all the time, until new update appear.

3. zarzenz

Hi Mech_An

This is why I'm confused over something that should be relatively simple as with other products when checking for updates, if there is one indicated, then you simply install it and job done.

Here is what my current build information in my about menu shows:

Paragon Drive Backup™, version 10.0, build 9105 (18.11.09 ) Professional Edition

Components versions:

Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 9105 (18.11.09 )
    hdm.dll, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505
    biont.dll, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505
    biont.sys, version 10.0, release 10, build 10505

Then, as I stated in my original post, if I click on the download free update link and then go through the signing in process for my account, I get informed there is an available update, which I assume is to make the build 10505 for the complete software, and not just the 3 components that have the 10505 shown against them.

My build as I have pasted above clearly shows it as 9105 (18.11.09) and also I'm being told a newer version is available... build 10505, however when I go through the download and install process I end up back at square one. Why is this so difficult to get an update for this product.

Can you or anyone else therefore check what your build information shows and see if it is also 9105, and also check the free update link to see if you get the newer version indicated.

For a product to be this complicated to check and install what is shown as a new update available is unusual as most other softwares simply allow any new versions to be installed in a matter of minutes.

Hope this clarifies what my issue is with trying to get the update installed and if my version is up to date, then why am I being told a new version is available both from the link in the about menu and then again in the registered products for my account.

4. zarzenz

Has anyone got any information they can give me on this and how to update to the latest build if there is a new one available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.