Updating True Image without reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Isn't possible for you guys to modify the code so that when You update TrueImage there no reboot is needed!

This is crucial for a professional product! When you have 100 servers all with trueimage you can't afford going in a reboot!

2. collisba

collisba Registered Member

I'll second this one.. I can't reboot most of my servers until after midnight, and I like to sleep.

I'm still waiting to hear if there will be issues with images created on 945 machines, being restored or explored from 1124?

Brian

3. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I agree with this one. Reboots are killing me as well. It's no issue for a home user, but you can't down your entire email environment or database environment without lots of planning and people involved.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Backup Software (Enterprise Edition).

We regret to inform you that it is impossible to avoid restarting system after updates. The problem is that when you update Acronis True Image special drivers changes and they can be used by Windows only if they are loaded during the start-up.

Since it is really critical for large servers to restart them you may find it not necessary to update Acronis True Image especially if current build works fine for you. In this case you will be able to choose the time when the server can be restarted if you still decide to update the software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.