Updating SpywareBlaster 3.4

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mike Goodfellow, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Goodfellow

Mike Goodfellow Registered Member

I have recently re-installed Windows XP. Prior to that, I never experienced any problems with updating SpywareBlaster, whether I was using the Windows firewall or ZoneAlarm firewall. Since reinstalling SWB 3.4, I have been unable to obtain updates, each attempt being met with a message informing me of an error in connecting me to the Update Server. I have tried removing the ZoneAlarm firewall and tried re-downloading SWB 3.4. I still cannot access the Update Server.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Has anyone any helpful suggestions?

Mike

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Did u try one of the alternative download methods?

If not, open your SpywareBlaster interface, click on Updates>Options and try one of the other methods there.

U can always update manually in the meantime,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

snowbound

3. rburke

rburke Registered Member

I am having problems with the manual update function and receive the following error message: There was an error downloading the database files. At least one of the files is corrupted. I have reinstalled the program, used the alternate method of downloading and added the javacool site to my firewall exceptions. None of these has solved problem. I am using MS XP.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.