Updating SpywareBlaster 3.4

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mike Goodfellow, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Goodfellow

Mike Goodfellow Registered Member

I have recently re-installed Windows XP. Prior to that, I never experienced any problems with updating SpywareBlaster, whether I was using the Windows firewall or ZoneAlarm firewall. Since reinstalling SWB 3.4, I have been unable to obtain updates, each attempt being met with a message informing me of an error in connecting me to the Update Server. I have tried removing the ZoneAlarm firewall and tried re-downloading SWB 3.4. I still cannot access the Update Server.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Has anyone any helpful suggestions?

Mike

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Did u try one of the alternative download methods?

If not, open your SpywareBlaster interface, click on Updates>Options and try one of the other methods there.

U can always update manually in the meantime,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

snowbound

3. rburke

rburke Registered Member

I am having problems with the manual update function and receive the following error message: There was an error downloading the database files. At least one of the files is corrupted. I have reinstalled the program, used the alternate method of downloading and added the javacool site to my firewall exceptions. None of these has solved problem. I am using MS XP.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.