Updating multiple PC's with new policy

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mitreddep, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitreddep

mitreddep Registered Member

Hi,

I am running ESET NOD32 AntiVirus with 90 clients connected to a centrally managed server. I originally set up the clients by pushing out an installation package that contained the configuration I wanted including a weekly scan. I now want to change the time of this weekly scan for all clients, what is the easiest way to achieve this?

Many thanks

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

The best way would be to push out a configuration that overwrites the current scheduled tasks. You will need to pull the configuration from one of the clients first, look under ESET Kernel>>Setup>>Scheduler/Planner find the unwanted task and mark it for deletion. Then create a new task with a specific ID number(1000) or any other ID above 1000 and use that ID when creating / pushing out any new task to insure that the existing entry is overwritten and not appended to the list.

-Cheers

3. bradtech

bradtech Guest

If you have Remote Administrator, and your clients are setup to connect to it. I would just use the policy manager, and wait 5-10 minutes. You may have to kill the EGUI process, and re launch to see the configuration settings applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.