updating kerio messed my system

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JimBeam, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimBeam

JimBeam Registered Member

I just tried to update Kerio from 2.5 to like, 4.something, only after i restarted my computer I just ended up with a blank desktop no icons, I had to uninstall it from safe mode, and now I can't install kerio at all. Why was it workin' fine before and now it craps out on me?

Ideas anyone?

--Jim

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Are you using XP? Do a system restore to yesterday.

3. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Many people reported problems with their new installer, and are you sure you didn't install one of their recent beta versions? Due to constant issues they have two versions, their last stable(yeah right!) release, and their current beta release. If you installed the beta that could be highly be possible as they don't always support all windows os's in the beta versions.

I stopped testing Kerio 4x a long time ago(I still considered it beta testing when they announced it was final as it was far from the truth) before they dumped the installshield which they didn't want want to license anymore, and have started using the windows installer which has caused problems with many users. I refuse to touch any of their new releases with the windows installer they configured.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hard to believe Kerio has been in beta so long now. 2.15 is just fine for me.

5. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Well their first final relase was so premature they actually made major changes in final version software which should have been tested before added to a final release.

The Kerio team seems to not know what they are doing at all, are ignoring input from users, and are constatly playing catch up to make their product stable. However them dropping installsheild was a huge setback for stability in the project.

Kerio 2x is still working fine for me, and many users I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.