Updating IE9 through Windows Update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Updating IE9 through Windows Update

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Oh noooooo :eek: Does this mean they are going to actually release the final edition? How come the RC came in a regular update? :thumbd:

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You misunderstood something... They didn't distribute RC to anyone. They updated users running beta and RC with final version automatically.

One thing I don't understand is they're saying it won't be automatically updated, only distributed to users, and they will have to choose to install it. But, a relative of mine, to whom I still haven't installed IE9, when it first came out, got it automatically updated o_O Odd.

4. Daveski17

I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure it said RC on the installer as I upgraded IE 8 on my desktop from a routine update. I also have a feeling that it says 'RC' in 'about IE 9'. I'm just too lazy to switch the desktop on at the moment (it is 13 minutes past midnight here).

That's more scary than odd! I have had problems with IE 9 on my Vista laptop. I don't want or need IE 9 anyway.

5. Daveski17

.... I tell a lie ... it is the RTM version. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.