Updating failed when PC is sleeping

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mimuweb, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimuweb

mimuweb Registered Member

Hello guys. I'm trying ESET Smart Security 5, a great suite, very light in my system. However, there is a little inconvenience, but i don't know where is the problem. Usually, updates are fine, no problem. But when my PC goes in sleep mode (after 30 min.) and it returns to the activity, a message from Eset says that "error downloading update file, Verify Internet connection" and i'm suspecting an interruption or loss of Internet connection during the sleep mode.
    I'm in Windows 7 x64 bits. I've turn off the energy saving of my network device, but the problem persists.

Thanks for your support

Best regards (and sorry for my english)

2. mimuweb

mimuweb Registered Member

Well, according to Eset support is a normal behavior, because in sleep mode network connection is off.

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

You can try two options. The first, which you seem to have already tried, which is disabling the option in your Network Adapter that allows the computer to shut off the Network Adapter to save power. The other is to disable the ESET Scheduled Task called "Automatic update after user login." Within the ESET program window, you can find this by clicking 'Tools', then 'Scheduler' and uncheck the box next to that task. The task to check for updates every 60 minutes will still be enabled, so ESET will try to update every hour but it won't immediately try to update as soon as your computer comes out of sleep mode.

Yet another option is replying to ESET Support with your ticket number and include an Event Log with your reply. They may be able to inspect the log and find any irregularities that might cause this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.