updates

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by northstar51, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

Hello: i read the post,"nav2004" and i'm wondering, will PG prevent my nav and windows from automatic updates? i read the 'help' section of PG, but i'm not sure how the 'blocked' and 'allow' flags work. thanks for your patience and for suffering fools well, ns51

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Have not seen any evidence of PG blocking updates on my NAV 2004. They all seem to go in smoothly.

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

The evidence is simple : if you block your programs you will prevent them to do everything they want.
    For NAV (or any other AV software) which is a trusted critical security apps, you have to give it all privileges needed.

As you noticed, it wouldn't be good to block updates for an AV.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Every program that I have on here that updates (automatically or otherwise) has no problem doing so without granting it anything other than the default settings in PG (the updaters themselves are PG-protected, also). Pete

5. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

thanks sill,gk, spy for your input. will keep investigating to make sure...ns51

6. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

you are lucky so spy, because norton can updates programs and so his drivers, and if you block it you are in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.