updates/trial version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by scalpas, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scalpas

scalpas Registered Member

Hi,

I installed the trial version of Nod 2.5 a week ago. Every time I try updating I get a message telling me that Nod is up to date and that there is no need to download new signatures. I've checked, the signature's date is a week ago, when I installed it.

Is this because I've got the trial version ? Is it impossible to update with the trial version ?

Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is possible but you should know that trial users have lower priority on ESET servers . Servers will first take care of the paid clients and later if possible will take care of the trial users . Most likely you couln't update because servers were busy which was normal a week ago . I suggest you open Control Center -> Update and press Update now some times to get the updates ;)

If you buy NOD , use the paid version you will have no such issues

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi scalpas, welcome to Wilders.

Please check the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set as "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Wireless/Dialup.

Then check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Then check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this the NOD32 should update unless a firewall is blocking Internet connection for NOD32.

Cheers :D

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

5. Avatar2000

Hello! by the way what is the average update file size for NOD32?
    Edit: & what is the difference between Commercial & trial update file size?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends, usually the size varies from 5 kB to 100 kB. An update of the whole engine takes place 3-4 times per year on average which is about 5-6 MB in size.

There's no difference in size nor any other difference except that the trial version cannot be updated after the 30-day trial period.

7. Avatar2000

Thankyou Marcos for an answer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.