Updates stuck at 20070228? A fix.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by itpartners, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itpartners

itpartners Registered Member

Hi all,

I had a problem where all my clients were getting stuck at definitions dated 20070228. Turns out that I hadn't upgraded the program code of the servers, so I was stuck on old definitions that weren't updating past this date.

If you look on the update server under Update/Update/Setup, you'll see that there's an option for 'Type of update' - click Change, and ensure you're happy with these results.

All I needed to do was to force an update at this point, but restarting the server actually installed the new program code update. This is probably only a problem for people moving from 2.5 to 2.7.

Regards
    Craig

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

This happens every time there is an engine update. If any machine (servers included) is showing "Waiting for restart," it will stop downloading and/or mirroring definition updates until it gets restarted.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

so you might reconsider the settings for program components on your lan update version (the local mirror)... perhaps doing that machine manually.

4. Elrendhel

Elrendhel Registered Member

What I found is that the "Location>Server" setting got corrupted/changed from the <CHOOSE AUTOMATICALLY>, and was set to some "other" server location. Moving it back to <CHOOSE AUTOMATICALLY> solved the problem for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.