Updates, server connection error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Manical, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manical

Manical Registered Member

I am having problems updating my software... I have no idea why eset does not allow people to download their updates. I have purchased 2 copies and I like the software. I think it is unobtrusive, but since I've stopped getting updates I think I will move on to another software provider.

I turned off my firewall and checked the advanced settings... I never changed the password, and it all worked flawlessly until March 06,2007.

The frustration with not having a place to download the virus signatures/updates is too much of a hassle...

Hope ESET has a change of mind... I am just one customer, so it shouldn't matter to them if I stop giving them my money.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

three things to check..

1. are you getting warnings that you trial has expired? If so, download the latest installer, uninstall and re-install - there was an issue where some versions would revert to trial which has now been fixed

2. is your license CURRENT - ie, not expired?

3. did you enter the username/password into the CONTROL CENTER? There is a popup box, which you can enter your u/p into - these settings are NOT remembered, the u/p MUST be entered into the control center as per here:

http://www.nod32usa.com/support/spell/rUSERNAME: PASSWORD

Please be aware, that updates simply "stopping" is not normal. But we can help you get to the bottom of why hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  3. Manical

Manical Registered Member

I am using the full version not the trial version.

Unless the subscription is only for a 3 month basis, it should not be expired. Even if it is expired should the program or an e-mail alert me to the incoming expiration date?

Yes.. the password is in the control center.

I've put in e-mails to them... no reply yet... I haven't called, don't have the time at work right now...

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What happens when you press Update now button in Control Center->Update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.