Updates not coming through for a while

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JamesO, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesO

JamesO Registered Member

I'm running a trial version of 2.7.

http://www.eset.co.uk/support/index.php shows that the current update number is 2119. My copy of NOD32 still shows 2117.

1. Automatic: The Scheduler/Planner still has the Update task checked - I've not changed any of the settings there. It last ran 6 minutes ago, so it is running hourly as it is supposed to - but didn't pick the update up.

2. Manual: I've clicked on Update, Update Now, and an update check runs and leaves the current version as it is.

It would seem that there is a delay between updates being released and my copy picking up that they exist. My computer was on all night, so I should have got 2118 by now, let alone 2119. Any ideas why I'm not able to stay maximally up to date?

I've noticed this before. My computer is always on, so shouldn't miss a version. But the event log shows kernel updates to versions 2105, 2106, 2107, 2108, 2110, 2111, 2113, 2114...

Any suggestions? Thanks,
    James

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Updates are incremental. If you get e.g. 2113 after 2111 if includes changes added both in 2112 and 2113.

If you still did not get 2119, try update now button.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    sometimes updates are released consecutively after each other. Given that NOD32 looks for a newer update in 1-hour intervals, some updates are delivered with the next one and they do not appear in the log.

If hitting the Update now button does not update your NOD32, check the event log which should show an error due to which the update has failed.

4. JamesO

JamesO Registered Member

Thanks mrtwolman - I was aware of the incremental nature of the updates. I'm reassured by that. I'm just not assured by the fact that, during all the time between 2118 and 2119 being released, I only had the protection offered by 2117. If ESET thought 2118 contained relevant threats, I would like the associated protection!

Thanks Marcos:

1. I just hit "Update Now" again. This time, my computer did update itself.

2. When I hit "Update Now" before and it didn't update, there was no entry in the log. The software simply behaved as it does when there genuinely is nothing to update.

Is there any way I can find out what time 2118 and 2119 were released? http://www.eset.co.uk/support/updates.php says that 2118 was dated 15th. I don't know what time zone that means though - but it could indicate several hourly checks with no update coming through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.