Updates for Spywareblaster and SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ian-r, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian-r

ian-r Registered Member

Since downloading the latest versions of both of the above, the update feature will not work. Server problem or firewall conflict message appears. However, both programs have been granted firewall access. Manual updates have been done successfully for blaster, but the auto updates still do not work. I never had this problem with previous versions of the products. Can anyone help?

2. ian-r

ian-r Registered Member

Re:Updates for Spywareblaster and SpywareGuard - Problem solved.

I have managed to resolve this issue. Apart from my firewall i have Norton Internet Security installed, and new permissions should have been granted to SpywareGuard and Blaster when the new versions were downloaded. I was not alerted to this until i signed in as Supervisor to Norton. The alerts do not show up on my start up account which has less rights than the Supervisor accout. Permissions granted via Norton and updates now working fine on both products.Hope this helps others, as i see it is a common occurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.