Updates failing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by simo1337, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo1337

simo1337 Registered Member

One of my laptops (win7 64bit, ESS 5.2.9.1) hasn't been online in the last 15 days. Now that it's connected back, AV updates are failing. They start fine but as soon as they get to 7% (of the ~40MiB) they fail.

My connection is fine, no proxies are used, everything works as before. Except now it fails to get updates.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. simo1337

simo1337 Registered Member

I have tried everything recommended in that article and in the articles it links to, but to no avail. Thnak you anyway, Janus.

Any other suggestions? I'm dreading to have to re-install ESS.

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi simo1337

I know you said that you have tried everything from the article above, but please forgive me for asking, but did you actually tried the advice to uninstall Eset for then installing it again. If not, then give it a go. Or you can try this: go to one of your previous windows restore points were you know Eset worked, to see if that will solve your struggles. Just remember to backup your personal documents before trying restoring windows to an earlier state. If all this does not lead to anything then I would, if I were in your place, contact Eset's Customer Care.

Cheers, Janus (just a user like you :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.