Updates (auto inconsistent)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have never had any issues with NOD32 updating each day when I boot, in fact it is the first AV which I ever trusted to get updates automatically.

Over the last week or so I have noticed there are days which I have to check myself as I knew there was an update NOD didn't do this automatically when I booted. Other days NOD has no problem. Today NOD didn't update - I checked manually before actual launching my browser. Reported I didn't need any updates, came to this forum and noted one update was there from yesterday (I was offline when this was released) I hit 'update now' again got sever error - tried again and NOD updated. I haven't any other issues with updates for my software and this is the first 'hit and miss' with NOD somedays perfect whilst others I don't get any after booting or I am told I don't need any when I actually do. I can still update but just not depend on NOD on auto as I used to do. I wondered if the fact Microsoft call home every so often would affect NOD's initial connection with the update? NOD used to update without me even having to check to make sure.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Robyn, I have no internal knowledge other than I am seeing customers with the same issue. To me the servers are simply overloaded, and Marcos has advised that there are servers being brought online very soon in order to resolve this problem.

For the moment my only suggestion is to monitor the situation.

Cheers :D

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thank you Blackspear :) no worries about me checking manually until everything is running smoothly again. I just worried more this morning as the update was released last night but at least I have it now. Appreciate your help & it's not often I have to ask anything about NOD now as I it behaves after setting up with your screenshot configurations :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure.

Cheers :D

5. izi

izi Registered Member

Same problem on my computer. Strange!!!

6. marcromero

marcromero Guest

After two months of dealing with update problems, I shifted my nod32 license to my secondary computer and update it manually. This seems to work for me, most of the time.

Marc

7. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Smoothy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.