updated version Nod32 refuses to install?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bob Campbell, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Campbell

Bob Campbell Registered Member

I use the upgrades available for Nod32 in each issueof PCUser magazine. Up until last month (February) everything has installed okay and my system protected. But from February's and this month the installation fails to complete. o_O The extracting dialogue states cannot create mfc42.dll and msvcrt.dll, and then aborts. What gives?, how can I upgrade my virus protection?
    I look forward to your suggestions
    thanks in advance.
    Bob

2. Poison Dart

Poison Dart Guest

I was using the Australian PCUser NOD32 for 2.5 years, but I had the same problem of not being able to install the January 2004 copy.

I called NOD32 Australia and was told the program had been changed to block permanent free use from magazine CDs, and when the 30-day evaluation was up, it couldn't be installed again.

I bought a licence. End of problem. Now I don't have to worry about installing a new copy every month for the next 2 years.

(I would have bought a licence years ago, but I mistakenly thought it was a free sample every month.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.