Updated SpywareBlaster - now losing cookies?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Kat2, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kat2

Kat2 Guest

Hi everyone,

I updated SpywareBlaster the other day (via the program's update button) and that's the only thing I've changed on my computer. Now, there are a couple of websites that won't let me log in... it's like they aren't picking up my cookie. One is popular gaming site Gamespot.com . I even tried using the "forgot password" link and changing it and still can't login.

I'm in IE6 (XP Home SP2), and under Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab -> Sites, I can no longer add sites to be allowed or blocked. It lists gator.com and lop.com as permanently blocked, but any other domains I list there are gone the next time I open that dialog.

Can someone tell me if there's a fix?

Thanks!

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

get firefox

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm a little confused....because with that description....you are are describing adding Sites to the Trusted or Restricted Zone of IE. Are you meaning....Tools\Internet Options\Privacy....Edit....to add Allow or Blocked Sites :doubt:
    Given the 2 sites I bolded in your quote above....and what you are describing....causes me to ask are you using Spybot Search & Destroy o_O

If so....Please take a look at the below thread and tell us if what you are seeing resembles what's showing in post # 2.

This thread---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=70548

4. Kat2

Kat2 Guest

My bad - privacy tab, not security.

Thank you for the info... since I've used Spybot for so long and just recently installed SpywareBlaster, I had no idea that might be it. I will check in with Spybot. Thanks again!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are more than Welcome....let us know how it goes with Spybot. If you have further questions concerning Spybot....Please start a thread in our Privacy Software Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.