Updated..or not?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by MacUser, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacUser

MacUser Registered Member

I have the ESET Mac version (just purchased) and went to the icon on my toolbar to simply check things out. There I found a message waiting for me that the updates needed 'updating'...which is set to 'automatic'.

I followed the prompts and came to a window where my password was asked for...yet the password fields were already filled out. I clicked 'OK' and was assured that my updates were now 'up to date'...yet the last date for my "last successful update"..remains the day that we installed the product (now basically the same screen that we have always seen: "Virus signature update is up to date").

Are we receiving the latest updates or not and why would we be asked for passwords or not see the latest update date?

Thank you in advance for any help that might be offered,

MacUser

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you open the main window for ESET Cyber Security for Mac OS X, press Command+U to bring up the Username and Password dialog, and verify your username and password are entered correctly (the username should begin with "EAV-" followed by numbers. Next, click on Update in the left pane, and then click on the Update Virus Signature Database in the right pane, and an update should be performed. When complete, the Last Success Update and Version of Virus Signature Database entries at the bottom of the pane should show today's date.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.