[Updated] Macrium Reflect v5.0.4995

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by SpeedyPC, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

Change log release 22 August 2012

What's new? 5.0.4995:

Windows PE Rescue media wizard - Driver injection
    Added support for additional USB3.0 hardware

IMPORTANT: Please create fresh Windows PE rescue media if you have issues with USB3 hardware

Bug fixes:

Backup To Mount Points
    When backing up to a mount point, the maximum image file size was being incorrectly determined. This has been resolved.

File & Folder Restore
    In rare scenarios when restoring large files over 4GB from a File & Folder backup, some files in the backup would not be selected for restore. This has been resolved.

Incorrect Imaging Error Message
    When including a volume for imaging which does not have a drive letter and the image target is a mount point on that volume an incorrect error message was being generated. This has been resolved.

Edit Scheduled Batch Job
    When editing a scheduled batch job in Macrium Reflect, the backup type parameter was being superfluously appended to the command line. This has been resolved.

The download update is available through your Macrium Reflect software, please wait a while until the direct download site is available.

2. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Awesome, thanks!

3. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

I was looking through the Macrium Website. How does this software work. Is it simply backup/save an image. Than create a bootable rescue cd. If my computer crashed one day and wont start up, i boot from cd and restore the image from there. Is that the basics of it?

4. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Yes pretty much.

5. Moosehead77

Thank You Kindly.

Now the actual image/backup can i save it to an external hard drive. Really my question is in case of a crash and after booting from rescue cd whats the best place to have saved that image for easiest access and less of a chance for a failure to restore.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I just switched from ATI I backup to a USB hard drive and I have a few questions about the Rescue disk/flash drive, Reflex Pro is kind of picky about the DVD/CD Drive you record the Rescue Disk on. I had to record it on a flash drive and I notice how Macrium emphasizes the Disk/USB Flash drive be tested beforehand but doesn't exactly say how. I think adding Reflex to the Boot Menu is a good Idea You could also use a floppy or put a shortcut on the desktop and hope that when the time comes you can get as far as the desk top.

7. Moosehead77

Carver yes thats what i worry about. About 5 months ago i couldnt get to the desktop. I had a blue screen that was saying something about a repair but when i did so it couldnt repair. So im glad i had the most important info saved on an external drive, however it was a pian to set everything back up again. I like simple things. You crash. You pop in a boot disk takes you to the image you saved, load it up and your up and running again. I dont have any backup software or program as of yet but im looking for one. And the simpler the better.

8. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I never had problems. What do you mean by picky?

As for me, I don't directly burn the rescue disc to CD from Reflect. I save it to an ISO instead. Store the ISO on a USB key I keep in drawer. Then burn the ISO on a CD using ImgBurn (which does test the content after burning).

If the CD goes bad (slim chances), at least I have the ISO on that USB key I can burn on a new CD using another computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.