update to v2.7 when license is almost up?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Caine, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caine

Caine Registered Member

I contacted my local support to get my lost password when I noticed that v2.7.16 is avaliable and have dl'ed the installer and manual ok. The question is though, should I be bothering since I discovered from support that my license is due to end on 30 nov? By that I mean is there going to be a lot of settings and effort to go to installing and adjusting v2.7 only for it to run out in 8 days and have to go through it all again.

I did see from another thread that it's considered ok to just install straight over the top of v2.5. Maybe I'm being too fussy, but I was lead to believe that it's generally a good idea to go for the complete uninstall/clean install option wherever possible. Also re: the settings; I did see the 'shortcut' available for blackspears extra settings, but I would still prefer to be sure that all the choices are as I want them as there seems to be some leeway in a few of the recommended options.

[edit: i would also just like to point out that I tried entering my username and then my email on the following support page: http://www.eset.com/support/lost_license.php but neither option sent me a mail with my lost password. I had to wait a couple of days for my support to reply. Did I do something wrong, or is there a problem on the site?]

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

v2.7.16 is the current installer for downloading, it will be pushed as a component upgrade some time in December to those still using v2.5

Cheers :D

3. Blackspear

This works for a number of countries but not all.

4. Caine

Caine Registered Member

Thanks for the replies Blackspear.
    Great! So I can just renew my license now before it runs out and wait for the update to occur automatically, nice one. :)

Keep up the good work.

5. Blackspear

You are welcome.

The current version that you download is v2.7, as such you will not have anything to upgrade. Only users on v2.5 will be upgraded in December.

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It will also give you an option to "keep existing settings" when installing over a prior version....if you want to install it sooner than wait a while longer for the auto update.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

NOD32 v2.7 has been specifically designed to update systems running NOD32 v2.5. Some applications do require a removal and clean install when updating, but NOD32 does not in this situation.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.