update tight security for 07

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by pushkin, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pushkin

pushkin Registered Member

ive been searching for that forum on security setups, cant find it, probably out of date by now,i get the feeling reading these threads my set up is not strong enough, free avg free bit defender and nod 32 2.5 version for some reason,& thats it, if a mod would be kind enough to list some compatabile defense or what your own setup is that would be great.......pushkin:doubt:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I just thought I would throw in that you probably need to update to NOD32 2.7. The NOD thread is great for getting info on what all to do and how to make your settings.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I just got a H.I.P.S. program, they say you can get rid of your AV. I wont do that, I love my NOD32. I still sometimes get trojans since I got it, but it does seem to work well.

5. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Gee whiz Carver, trojans aren't normally collectables :D - what ya doing to catch 'em all, leaving a trail of biscuits ?

(not meant unkindly....... :))

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Why would you need more than one antivirus program and hopefully you are not actively running them all at the same time.

Next: Do you have a good firewall or are you dependent upon the one provided in WinXP?

Do you use any anti-spyware/malware programs? If so, which ones and if not, you should be. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.