Update Task Slow

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by systemspac, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. systemspac

systemspac Registered Member

Why is it that the update task for out of date signature files so slow.:mad:

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

And your version of ESET is? And your current signature version is?

If you install a fairly old version of ESET then the "shipped" version of the signatures will be many releases behind the current release, and sometimes it's a single large download and many smaller downloads to get to the current release.

How slow are you finding it and how are you timing it?

Jim

3. systemspac

I just downloaded and installed the latest of the console and server from ESET last week.4.0.136. It was doing this with the 3.1.11 version as well.

All my clients are 4.0.xx clients. I have/had several clients that are still at 5419 signature versions taht I need updated to the latest. I choose those clients and create a new Update task.

For instance, the current task has 6 clients running 5419 sigs and has been in the update task for 100 minutes with only one successful.

Attached Files:

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Ok, things are much clearer now.

Right, do you have the "check in with ERAS" configuration set correctly on the clients?

2010-09-08_182517.png

You can push this out to tthe clients with a config so they all have the same settings.

We have ours checking in every 5 minutes, but I often drop that to 1 minute when doing testing of new configs and settings.

Jim

5. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

6. systemspac

I am pushing out the config change now and will see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.