update server username and password not working

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by mauricev, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mauricev

mauricev Registered Member

The username in the remote console is blank by default. I manually typed in updv4 and upd4test as the password, but I'm still getting a failed authorization error.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What do you mean by "remote console"? V4 beta does not have any remote console. If you mean ERA, that's something completely else and the bera credentials won't apparently work with it.

3. mauricev

Yes, I mean ERA. It comes with just blank entries and now it's stuck on preparing update.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't understand, what do ESS/EAV v4 beta credentials have to do with ERA? They are intended only for v4 beta, not for ERA.

5. mauricev

I believed the ERA beta needed credentials to get updates and I just assumed it wanted what the Smart Security beta is using. But it appears that it does indeed work with a blank username/password. It's simply telling me erroneously that it's failing to update when, in fact, it is receiving updates. The erroneous complaint must be a bug in the ERA beta, which I reported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.