update server, keeps adding incorrect address.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by se5a, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. se5a

se5a Registered Member

I'm having a problem with the update server setting

initialy when the clients were set up, the incorrect address was used for the update server ('servername' instead of 'http://servername:2221')

I've tried to correct this by downloading the config from the admin console, fixing the entry then using the configuration task to update the clients.

the configuration tasks compleated ok, but the update address was still wrong, as viewed either from the admin console, or by checking from the client settings itself.

I then opened up the config file in notepad++, found there were now two entries for the update server. I deleted the incorrect one, and made sure the <NODE NAME="SelectedServer" VALUE was set to the correct address as well.

again ran the configuration task, still no luck

from there I gave up and went to the clients and selected the correct server, clicked update and watched it update fine.
    only to find that after a while it reverted BACK to the wrong one.
    had another look localy at the setting and made sure to REMOVE the wrong address.
    still it reverted back.
    so then I tried EDITING the incorrect one.
    the wrong one apeared on a new line.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here....

server, console + mirror running on sbs2k11
    clients are a mix of 2008r2, XP, vista, and one mac (which I'm not sure is updating properly even though I set this one up correctly the first time)

2. se5a

se5a Registered Member

I just figured this out:

here I was trying to fix the clients update server address using configurations, not realising that this had been set as a policy (by someone else)

well I guess now it should work better.
    I've got the 107 page remote admin manual printed off and sat down and read it, so hopefully things will be a bit smother from here out.
    really need to print off the email security for exchange too.... *sigh* another 115 pages.

3. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Thank you for posting the update to your issue.

p.s. You can sit and read a PDF too...?

4. se5a

se5a Registered Member

For some reason I find it a lot easier to concentrate reading from paper than I do from a screen.
    especialy if I want to refer to the paper regarding something I'm doing on the screen.

It's also a lot easier to ignore emails coming in when you're reading from paper - less distrctions :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.