[Update] Returnil System Safe 2011 v3.2.10143.5401-REL2

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Coldmoon, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

2. korben

korben Registered Member

Excellent, had a hunch you would release REL 2

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Thank you! I'm a free user. It is working very smooth. :thumb:
    the GUI is awesome too.

If I use the 30-day trial and it expires is it going to be free version or do I have to uninstall the program?

I wish system restore was available in FREE version. :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. Coldmoon

Hi,
    The program will revert to the free version.

Mike

5. Konata Izumi

I have these on my virus guard logs.
    It says denied and they were denied while Virtual Mode is ON.

I rebooted the PC... Are thes files shown in logs still on my PC?

If NO. What will the repair and or exclude and or hide button do when I click it?
    If YES. how can I remove it?

Attached Files:

6. Coldmoon

What do you have configured for the Virtual Mode > Settings > Additional Protections.. option (Anti-Execute)? The reason the files are being blocked is due to this setting.

Mike

7. Konata Izumi

default setting.
    anyway... I know those blocked files and that's the reason why I use Returnil. I want them blocked and out of my pc. ;) :thumb:

please continue answering my question :)

8. Coldmoon

Your reply was actually important to my answer for your other questions.

Yes, maybe, and no - it depends. The log is showing "Denied"; this means that opening/activation of the listed files was not allowed. It does not mean the listed file was deleted or quarantined. The yes is for the temporary files that should be gone with a restart if they did not already exist on the real disk.

Hide will do exactly that; the list item will no longer appear in the log section. Exclude and repair will not result in anything because this was an AE block and not a Virus Guard malware detection.

The hide option will remove the listing from the log display. Before you go there though, you should check the files for malware and then make a decision regarding removing the listing in the log and/or hunting down the listed file and delete it as the files may be legitimate (not infected or malware).

Mike

9. Konata Izumi

I found out that excluding logged files denied by anti-executable does not add in the virus exclusion list.

but when I add a file manually in virus exclusion list... the file are not denied by anti-executable.

so having the exclude button in logs add the denied item by Anti-executable to excluded in the virus exclusion list rather than the button doing nothing would be very convenient.

a prompt to verify if the user would really like to exclude file(s) would be great too. :D

sorry I'm bad at english :'(

10. Konata Izumi

I can see a clone of my system drive that uses drive letter Z:\ ... I think its from Returnil.

Is there a way to hide this? :'(

Attached Files:

11. Coldmoon

Is that the Virtual Disk? You shouldn't be able to see the clone that way.

Mike

12. Konata Izumi

no I did not setup a virtual disk.
    But I can see a clone of my C:\ (system drive) using Z:\
    :'(

and just before every shutdown i saw some popup saying something is mounting and dismounting. :doubt:

edit:
    btw, just in case you need this info:
    I'm using Windows XP SP3 Pro (Limited User Account, with SRP default disallowed.)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  13. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I have exact same problem. With default AE, I see clone of my system drive (Z:). I have reported it before, but Coldmoon rejected the bug saying that it is not visible on 2011 build. The problem is not fixed completely. It is reproducible on my system. Moreover, I also see Mounting/Dismounting real drive message on each shutdown/restart, whenever I am in virtual mode.

14. LambRador

LambRador Registered Member

Hi,
    i want to know
    a) how to exit RSS 2011. Version 2010 had an "exit" option on system's tray icon, but 2011 doesn't. Killing the application via task manager is not possible.
    b) how to disable the cloud protection

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  15. Coldmoon

@Konata Izumi and Boyfriend,
    Are you using the 64 bit version of XP?

Hi LambRador and welcome to the forums :)

1. You cannot exit the GUI this way in the new version. To disable the service, you will need to disable RVSMONBL in component services and then re-enable it when you want to use the program in the same way (enable in component services).

2. This may not be possible in the current build due to an issue we are investigating related to it not stopping when the Virus Guard feature is deactivated. When the core service is stopped in Number 1 however, the communication for the Cloud updates should stop as well.

Mike

16. Boyfriend

@Coldmoon,
    Thanks for your reply. I am using Windows 7 x64. My current security setup (except I have upgraded to RSS 2011 3.2.10143.5401-REL2). Please resolve the issue. Need more info/details/logs, please ask.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  17. Konata Izumi

i was using Windows XP PRO SP3 32-bit during that time.

18. LambRador

LambRador Registered Member

OK, Mike. All clear. Thank you for your reply.

19. Coldmoon

Can you send an e-mail to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with the following screenshots:

1. Open your "Computer" section and get a shot showing your current drives and partitions (per your report, it should show the Returnil Z:\ drive).

2. Open RSS 2011 then open Virtual Mode > Tools > Virtual Disk and take a screenshot of this screen.

Please reference your report post from this thread and include the following files:

The rvs3.log and rvs3.inst.log files in the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\returnil\rvs3\log

* MSINFO32 report**

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your e-mail.

Mike

20. Konata Izumi

I've switched to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Standard User now. . :(
    Strange I can't see the Z:\ Drive now... just a few hours ago I can see it.

I'll report if I can reproduce the 'bug'.

21. Konata Izumi

Hello, I've attached the requested files.
    sorry I'm too lazy to send emails

here's rvs3.log (I can't attach here because its over 1MB)
    http://l.fileave.com/rvs3.log

Attached Files:

22. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Hi Mike,
    first of all thank, Returnil is a great software
    I use your free version Returnil System Safe 2011 Version 3.2.10143.5401-REL2
    with ram/cache virtualization (no virtual disk) and today I have a problem
    with virtualization ON i dowload this software http://free.zoner.com/ and execute the instal, he talk to me if I want associate imagine files (IMG, JPG ..) with this new program and I say yes
    I try this program watching some img I have on other encrypt volume (with Truecrypt) and everything goes well, I restart my pc and as expected the program was not present on my pc, this is good good but ... opening pics on my encripted D volume Seven (I have Seven 32bit ultimate) ask me to associate the jpg files to a program because it wasn't set o_O befare trying this visualization software it was tha default seven visualizaor set opening this kind of files

Can you investigate?
    Thanks

23. Coldmoon

Hi Romagnolo1973,
    Are you saying the file associations for all image files on your computer or only those on your encrypted D:\ drive? If the latter, then this is expected as only the system (usually the C:\ drive) is virtualized so the change in file associations for image files on your non-system disks would remain following a restart.

EX:

1. I have a picture on my C:\ Drive in My Pictures (or Pictures depending on the version of Windows).

2. I have another picture on my D:\ Drive

3. I try your test and the file association for the picture on my C:\ Drive is restored while the association for the picture on my D:\ drive is as you describe, requiring that I edit its associations.

If it is the former where all images, even on the C:\ Drive are effected this way, please verify and I will request an investigation.

Thanks
    Mike

24. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Thanks Mike I know Returnil Free only virtualize the System partition but in my stupidity I thought the association was only on registry key in C, I didn't thought about the file on D that loose her previous association and so system ask me to reassociate

Is clear now, sorry and thanks for the great clarification

25. Boyfriend

@Coldmoon: I have submitted the Z: drive bug too via support form with your post reference. Please confirm it. If need more logs/info, please PM/email me. I want to help solve the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.