Update requires restart 3 times?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by JerryM, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have AVG AS on both my desktop and laptop computers. Today the auto updates finished, and then "said" that the computer needed to be restarted for the updates to be completed. I am using both as on-demand, so they do not start at Start.
    I restarted both, and when I tried to open AVGAS I got the same window that restart is required. This happened 3 times, and I have not succeeded in completing the update. Evidently there is a bug.

I assume that this is the the major upgrade/update that has been mentioned as coming through the auto update in time.

I gave up on the update, as the restart does not accomplish the completion of the update.

Both are the paid versions.

What is going on?
    Best,
    Jerry

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Could you please look inside the AVG AS application folder if there are any *._old_ files? If so, please manually delete them and try to launch the application. Perhaps the permissions are not correct and they cannot be deleted :(

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Peter,

I cannot open the application, and do not know where to find the AS application folder. When I attempt to open it the "need to restart" window comes up, and when I click "No" it does not open.
    FWIW I downloaded the AVG AS and can uninstall and install the latest from the site if necessary.

Edited
    Peter, I went ahead and uninstalled the program, and attempted to install the new one. However, my license was not accepted. It is the lifetime license. What now?
    I have not done anything to the AVGAS on my laptop yet, and will hold off until I hear from you.
    J

Thanks,
    Jerry

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Peter,
    I got impatient, and removed AVGAS from both computers. That is not your fault, but my impatience.

I would like to know how to get my lifetime license to work, however, in case I decide to reinstall AVGAS.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.