Update Question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by xeda, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Sometimes when I run a SpywareBlaster update, it downloads files, yet after the update is complete it says "there are now 0 unprotected items".

Why does this happen? Is it removing CLSID entries that are no longer needed?

Thanks.

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Could be possible.
    Also, do you use SpyBot S&D, IE SpyAD or custom blocking lists for SpywareBlaster?

3. xeda

xeda Registered Member

That's a very good point, but no I don't. I only use SpywareBlaster. :)

4. vhick

vhick Registered Member

sir, did you click "enable all protection"?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Which means everything is protected or is that not what you are attempting to find out :doubt:

6. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Yes, but I only click on this after new items have been added.

I'm trying to find out why it tells me there are "0 unprotected items" after an update. Usually, after an update it will say "there are now 15 unprotected items" or "there are now 40 unprotected items", which would indicate that new items were downloaded during the update, but in this case it's 0.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This may not be true in your case but that usually occurs for only a few reasons....one of the .dtb files is corrupted or one of the .dtb files has been deleted prior to update....in which case when the update is performed the program will then download all new .dtb files. If one is up to date and all protection was applied prior to the update.... "0 unprotected items" would be the result one would see.

Only by knowing more of what your condition was prior to your query would it be possible to know if this was a normal occurence or something out of the ordinary.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.