Update Prompt

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SciBott, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SciBott

SciBott Registered Member

I did a search for this issue, could not find it. I had no Internet access between December 27 2010 and June 2011. During the time before that ESS4 always updated with out a popup prompt asking "download update file x# kb" with buttons yes no. Why is it now asking that and how can I shut it off by automatically yes every time? You have no idea how annoying it is when your doing something like this that uses a lot of typing that suddenly loses focus for a popup prompt that never existed before.

I have under the Update>Advanced Update dialog checked "Always update program components" and "Offer restart if necessary" "Ask before downloading update" is unchecked and grayed out at 2096.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Check that box for "Ask before downloading update" under the Update file size section. Then you'll be able to edit that value, which is currently set to 2096. Delete it and make sure you left it blank, then uncheck that option again.

Save changes and see if this resolves the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.