Update Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by J273, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J273

J273 Registered Member

Hi guys ive just started using nod32 over norton but i have a problem where as i have my sytem setup so that it sends my TEMP / TMP files to a seperate hardrive setup through x-setup so where my temp files used to be:

C:\windows\temp
    c:\windows\TMP (i think)

Its now:

K:\Settings\TEMP
    K:\Settings\TMP

But as NOD uses the origional default temp file location when i go to update it just comes up with an error and have tracked it back to this as when i switched the temp locations back it updated.
    Does anyone know if its possible either through the settings in NOD or by tricking it in to thinking its storing it tempory files at the default locations but actually storing them at the new loactions,if you get what i mean.

Thanks in advance

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Actually, these are the locations for the system-wide variables TEMP and TMP, but they are usually overriden by the user-level TEMP and TMP, which are usually C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp (actually, %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp).

Try looking in Control Panel --> System --> Advanced --> Environment Variables to see what is really there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.