Update Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by worldcitizen, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I'm having update problems with the beta. It doesn't update automatically and when I manually click on update I have to enter my username & password everytime manually before it will allow me to update. I never had this problem before. All my settings are on 'automatic' and I've entered the correct details.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any idea how I can fix it?

Dave

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Haven't seen this problem with my beta.

The only things that I'd recommend is to go to the usual Update>Update Setup configuration screen. Reenter the user name and password manually taking extreme care not to include trailing spaces and so on - cut and paste from the original e-mail if possible. What do the event logs say (Logs>Event logs)? Any indication of a password error - you'll see this message if it is an issue - or it the automated update simply not launching?

Make sure the proper profile is selected if you have multiple profiles. Go to NOD32 System Tools>Scheduler/Planner. In the right hand screen, the default Regular automatic update task should already have a checked box. Select this task, right click, and select Change. Walk through the screens and verify how it's configured. Make sure everything is as expected and the task is run repeatedly.

Back under Update>Update Setup, click Advanced on the right hand screen. Is the proper Internet connection indicated? If so, any need for proxies under your config? Under LAN servers connection setup, is the default system account chosen?

I'm more of less guessing here. Your username and password work when entered manually - so I'm guessing that it's either a minor detail on how their entered in the automatic entry, a disconnect in profile selections, or a connection detail. The manual launch should use everything except the username and password - so that would appear to be the most likely suspect. Hope I'm not suggesting you look again at something you've been already intently staring at, but when I had this type of problem - it seemed to be a trailing space from a poor cut/paste operation that hosed me.

Blue

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Dave, this is caused through incorrect UN or PW being entered into the Control Centre.

Best method is to copy and paste both UN and PW into

Control Centre
    Update
    update
    Setup

Just make sure there isn't a space after the UN or PW, this will be seen as a additional letter/number, and hence will not work...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• CC.JPG
      CC.JPG
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
  4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If all else fails, do a reinstall over NOD and carefully enter your password as you install.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.