Update Options in SpywareBlaster Free 4.4

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mchain, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchain

mchain Registered Member

Installed SB about a week ago.

Running XP Home SP3, Dell Dimension 4600i, P4 2.8, 1.5 GB RAM, DSL, Avast! Free Home Edition 5.0, Windows Defender, SUPERAntispyware, Malwarebytes Anti-malware (both free), and Sandboxie (free). I also run Comodo Firewall (also free).

I am unable to update in users, can only update in admin. I notice the download setting is set for direct internet connection as default in users. Is this right? What about the "Use Alternate Download Method" checkbox?

Error message is: Error downloading file
    Cannot write file to disk
    Error 75: Path/File access error

The above is really two separate questions, to wit: Do user rights affect my ability to download updates, and, what if anything, should I be aware of if I enable the alternate download location?

I do show the same database version as user as in admin. BTW, I learn hands-on as far as computers go.

Why the error?

Thanks.

2. mchain

mchain Registered Member

Hello everyone,

Any ideas what I should do? No response so far.

mchain

3. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

It would be better to download and immunize under an administrator account (or by giving administrative rights to SpywareBlaster) because under a limited user account many registry hives are not loaded and therefore the immunization fails. The sticky threads will give you a better idea. I don't use LUA and so have never had this problem.

The alternate download method is only required if you are having problems with your current download method.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.