Update not working?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by softtouch, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I have V3.0.4.210 RC installed. When clicking on "Check for Updates", it tells me that there is a new verison and ask if I want do download.
    I select YES, and it downloads the file, tells me that it is installing the update, shut down prevx and restart it, and its the same version again.
    I can continue this endless...

I am running Windows 7, 64-bit with the 64-bit RC version of Prevx.

2. softtouch

Figured it out... when clicking the update, it will remove the 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version... should not be that way... it should check for a 64-bit update...

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you export your registry key HKLM\Software\PCSI and send the .reg file to report@prevxresearch.com? I believe we've now prevented this from happening in the future but it would be good to know exactly what your registry contains just to double check that our fix will correct it.

Thanks! :)

4. softtouch

I have uninstalled PrevX at the moment, because I had other issues with it when running together with MSE under Windows 7 Ultimate.
    The computer slowed down to a crawl when opening folder with many files inside and I saw that prevx opened a lot of internet connections (I guess to scan files). Because its a fresh installation of Win 7, I guess prevx has to scan every single file I open, and this prevent me to use the PC properly.
    But I will install it again later, and export the registry branch you asked for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.