Update in beta working??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by tosbsas, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey

I still have 1.1842 dated 10/27/06

Is that the last update??

Ruben

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

As I am writing this reply the answer is "Yes".

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No new malware released so that ESET labs thinks it is not necessary to update NOD32 . You are well-protected by advanced heuristics ;)

4. tosbsas

ok, but now there was an update - I found it cause I tried to update manually. I may be just tooo supiscious, but how can I test if it works automatically??

Ruben

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It does works normally . ESET NOD32 checks for updates every one hour . Example : It checks in 10.00 , then in 11.00 , then in 12.00 , then in 13.00 and so on , however if new updated was release in 11.15 and you checked manually in 11.30 , youy got in manually . Normal . If you didn't try manually in 11.30 then in 12 o'clock NOD32 would have connected to ESET servers and automatically update :)

6. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

I must admit I was a little unsure whether the update function had broken in the beta, but according to NOD32SSE.com, no update was made available over the weekend, until today, so all is OK.

7. tosbsas

ok, I will test my patience (.-)) and see

Ruben

8. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

1.1843 (20061030)

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , available from today 3.04 pm , according to ESET's eset.eu site :thumb:

10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

97 signatures added. :D

11. tosbsas

worked here too. Did the setting so long ago - if I set silent mode I don't get the tray popup either

Ruben

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know

13. tosbsas

was more a question (;-))

Ruben

This morning I can confirm - you get the popup only with silent mode disabled

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  14. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Hmm, Today I keep on getting a request for user name & password to access Up27. The Eset assigned beta password & a password are showing correctly in update properties.

I have a current licence for NOD32. Should this user name & password from this licence be input for the beta?

This is the first time this message has appeared, up to now beta updates have functioned as normal.

Last update showing as of today (8th. December 06) is 20061206, , no. 1906. Is this the latest?

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi rogerveron ! NOD32 version 2.7 is no longer in BETA stage , the final version has already been released .
    ESET News about v 2.7

If you have current/active license , download NOD32 2.7 the final version and install it . During the install process of the final version , type in your normal user/pass for your active license

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 2.7 final for your correct operating system
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32 (the BETA)

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings for installation

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

Enjoy ! :thumb: ;)

16. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Thank you very much or the information. Duly carried out and working happily.
    On my previous (not beta) version of NOD32, I had Blackspear's settings enabled by use of the special settings installation file.
    Obviously this won't do for v2.7 which I now have.
    The further question I have is - is it recommended to set up v2.7 using the settings, (but manually of course), or do the default settings in v2.7 incorporate Blackspear's recommendations?
    This is such a helpful and informative forum which gives excellent support for NOD32: when I tell you that I used to use Panda, you'll understand how good it is to actually get help.
    ;)

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

The default settings in NOD32 are enough to protect the user against viruses,malware and any other harmful stuff . Blackspear's settings are made to have NOD32 set on fully automated work , the default settings will first prompt the user . If you wish really automated NOD32 , set-up with Blackspear's settings . If you have problems or questions about NOD32 , please post again in the NOD32 v2 forum (not the beta one )

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.