Update function is non-functional

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Kevin_b_er, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin_b_er

Kevin_b_er Registered Member

Spywareblaster can no longer update.

No it has nothing to do spyware/hijackers. Yes I've tried Alternative Download option. IE just quit working as per usual windows standard operating procedure.
    There is no noticible delay between clicking the check for updates button and the error message. This is also consistant with Internet Explorer's erroring immediately.

I'm therefor lead to belive that spywareblaster is using the IE engine to retrieve its updates.

Firewall was shut off to make sure, and still IE and spywareblaster do not function. Besides, neither spywareblaster nor IE seem to even make any traffic. Byte counts remain the same in the dialup status.

Why on earth are you using IE's engine when windows constantly breaks itself in an unrepairable way for thousands of people daily?

2. garyoak99

garyoak99 Registered Member

Ya, I'm also having this same problem! :'( Is there another way to get updates for SpywareBlaster? o_O

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster does not use the IE engine to download updates, but it does use various other Windows functions and libraries to do so, and it sounds like your problem may lie there (especially considering IE seems to be crashing also - that's never a good sign if it does it all the time).

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling SpywareBlaster? It may correct the issue if it is being caused by a corrupt dll.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. Kevin_b_er

Kevin_b_er Registered Member

Solution came in a nice repair installation which fixed IE. (I'd have used sfc, but thanks to dell and microsoft, its unusable w/o a proper windows disc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.