Update from 2.7 to 4 any worth it? Performance?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blutarsky, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blutarsky

Blutarsky Registered Member

Hi there I'have just updated my nod32 2.7 license, was wondering if should upgrade to V4.

2 points here:

1. Am I missing something from my 2.7 engine? I mean does engine v4 catch issues that 2.7 doesn't?
    2. As I have bought 2.7 NOD for being the fastest and lightest antivirus (at that time) I'm wondering if v4 is a worst performer compared to 2.7 or on par?

Thanks for helping

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V4 has better detection ratio than v2, improved cleaning, customizable limits for scanning files (v2 has the limits hardcoded) and a lot of new features, such as SSL scanning or notification about missing OS updates (can be disabled).

3. Blutarsky

Thanks for explaining.

How about the performance?

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Well of course V4 may not has a footprint as light as V2 has due to extra functionality but it still performs very well. The only thing you can see if you like the performance is to try it out really..

AV-Compareatives.org tested performance of V3, and vs the competition it did very well. Don't think I ever noticed a impact change on performance from V3 to V4..

5. Blutarsky

The fact is I don't like much to upgrade and then downgrade if unsatisfied... I'm well aware of all the registry bloat left in the registry....

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That is not the case with NOD32 . It doesn't mess with Windows Registry in that way .

Additionally , you can create a restore point (System Restore) and later revert back to that state (using this restore point) . System Restore keeps a copy of the Windows Registry and will restore it in the same state as of the moment of creation of this restore point . So , you loose nothing trying

7. Blutarsky

8. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You can either manually clean the remnants in the registry, or use a tool like Revo.

Going from 2.7 to 4.0 you will notice a performance hit. But hopefully you're running on more powerful hardware than you were 5 years ago too.

9. Blutarsky

It's a 4 computer license pack. My notebook has a WEI 4,7. But other computers out of the 4, are "weaker"....

10. get_it

get_it Registered Member

Running ESS v4 on an Amd Athlon XP 3000 CPU, 1GB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, XP Pro Sp3, absolutely flawless. Ive tried many security suites, but this is by far the lightest on my system. 55mb of mem usage for a 21st century security app. Remarkable!

11. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

12. Blutarsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.