Update for Spyware Blaster 3.2

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sugarshack2, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarshack2

sugarshack2 Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone knows when the next update for Spyware Blaster 3.2 is coming out?

I have a couple of wish list items for the devlopers, but I can't seem to find out who that is, except that it's owned by Javacool Software.

On the Help page it says you can use the Tools - Custom Blocking to Create your own list of ActiveX controls that you want to block. But how do I know what to put in for the CLSID? Will {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} work?

Also I want to add a cookie that I want to block. It doesn't give me a way to add that. Will that be added in a future release?

Who are the developers of Spyware Blaster?

Can I communicate with them directly?

Michael :cool:

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

I am moving your thread from the Update Forum (this forum is only used to notify people of software updates, see HERE) and I am moving it here to the SpywareBlaster & Other Forum where it will get proper attention.

Javacool is the developer and this is the home forum for SpywareBlaster.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi Michael, and welcome,

I can only guess, from the wording of your "next update" question, that you're asking about upgrades to the program itself rather than definitions updates. The latter are typically a week or so apart, and I make a point of checking for those once or twice a week. If I'm not mistaken, if there happens to be a new program verson or build available, that'll also show up that way with a link to the download site.

As for program upgrades, that depends on what's needed how badly, and of course how much time Javacool can put into them. If I remember correctly, the main work on 3.2 was to clean up bug-fixes and in particular to try to fix compatibility problems with some (not clearly understood or defined) hardware/OS combinations.

Best,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.