Update file download

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cupez80, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

why ESET dont give a link to dowload definition file like some AV does ? cause sometimes we need to keep a backup of definition file to update AV if there isnt internet connection at all.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

afaik, the trial is only limited in that definitions wont be updated so if eset provided def downloads, u could use it forever hence piracy. one solution is they could change nod32 so that after the trial ends, all modules are disabled or they could just prompt for username and password just like for downloading the commercial nod32. this thread also asks the same question, u might wanna have a look see.

3. Carver

Carver Guest

That is how some software companys offer trials, they have timed disolve .dll. After 30 days a splash screen comes up and says the trial is over and thanks you (you can't re access the software anymore), it goes on to say if you want to go on using the software you have to go to their site and purchase the licenced copy but before you install the software you first have to delete the trial copy.

4. GreenWhite

GreenWhite Registered Member

Hello NOD32 users,

I have just installed the trial version and the sig. database is 1.1189 (2005080:cool:.

I have trouble updating the database and if what you are saying is true, then is the error; (error occuring while updating modules(cannot replace current file. Check the system TEMP and TMP variables) not an error but a program updating control because I'm having the trial version?

I would be much relieved if it is so.

In that case, will the trial version signatures be updated during the whole trial period?

In addition, I can't even schedule for an update. Is this another one of its control parameters?

Thanks.

5. GreenWhite

GreenWhite Registered Member

Sorry,

I found the problem. Using Eraser, I somehow deleted the entire Windows\temp folder. Update is now successful.

I can schedule the update too. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.