Update Failed

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by addo62, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addo62

addo62 Registered Member

I just renewed my license from NOD32 V3 to Smart Security. I installed it tonight & inputed my new user name & password (checked it many times), & the program will not update to latest definitions.

Currently using definitions 2740, & when I try to update them it states update failed.

Internet connection is fine & like I said I have triple checked that my new user name & password have been inputed correctly.

Any ideas please?

2. Pearhead

Pearhead Registered Member

I too am having an update issue "i think". I've never been a customer of NOD32, however here lately I've heard nothing but good things about this product. I decided to download the trial version of NOD32 Smart Security v 3.0.621(virus definitions 2740) I found that the latest definitions update at http://www.eset.com/support/updates.php

is NOD32 - v.2779 (20080109)

Does this update apply to the Smart Security version or just the Anti virus version? When I try to update manually I get an error. "Virus Signature Database Could Not Be Updated - An Error occurred while downloading update files"

It says the versions signature database is at: 2740 (20071221)

Any info/help would rock!!!

Thanks in advance,

Pearhead

I'd also like to add that it says my "License Valid until: 2/23/08"

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  3. Pearhead

Pearhead Registered Member

CASE CLOSED :thumb: un-installed and re-installed....works fine now! Who knows what I did the first time around. :D

4. addo62

addo62 Registered Member

Mine updated this morning without any intervention, I presume that maybe there were server issues with ESET last night??

5. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Yeah it was down for hours. i was stuck at 2740 for ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.