Update checksums

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

After the Windows updates that I downloaded I have several entries in the checksums such as [kpinstall\data\----- ] . Can these be removed ? Should I have just ok'd once when the screen popped up?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi WilliamP

Yes you can. When I did that major update, I just Process Guard's checksum protection in learning mode, which I then turned off after doing the update. I did then delete them from the checksum list.

Pete

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thanks Pete. I have removed what I felt was only because of the update. I'm not sure, but I think the best thing would be to let the window pop up then tell it ok to run once. That way you don't have go back and remove. If something is removed that shouldn't be, you will just have to ok it when it wants to run. Isn't that correct?

4. Peter2150

Hi WilliamP

Yes you are right. When I did the lasts biggggg update from Microsoft, I immediately looked, and they were kinda obvious. But if you accidently remove something, it will just pop up and reask. This is of course assuming you haven't checked Block all new and changed files from running. Then Process Guard will block it, and tell you it did, but won't add it back in. Another words it won't ask with that option checked.

Pete

5. linney

linney Registered Member

If I remember (and that is getting harder nowadays), I usually disable Process Guard while installing Windows Updates or other software, and then enable it after the install. One advantage of this is it prevents Process Guard from interfering in the install process.

6. Peter2150

You can do that, but if you turn on learning mode it shouldn't interfere with an update. I've actually done it both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.